To join Cathedral's
The last few years have seen the implementation and use of technology increase dramatically on the Cathedral campus.
Most adults who graduated a “few” years ago, view technology as a separate experience or a part to be added to the mix. Today’s students are so comfortable with technology, that they only notice its absence. These students expect technology in their daily environment.
To create this atmosphere of learning and to improve the quality of teaching, Cathedral school has:
School network infrastructure deployed in 2012 and upgraded in 2014 - 2018
· A New Server: Dell PowerEdge T440 Windows Server 2016 Standard (upgraded in July 2018)
Dell SonicWALL NSA 2600 (upgraded in 2014)
Barracuda Web filter 410a (upgraded in 2018)
Barracuda Web filter database updates yearly
8 Cisco 2960S switches 48 port/24 port POE 10
A new fiber optic cable between buildings. Ethernet speed is 10 GB
24 Cisco 1142 Wireless Access Points Dual-band Controller based 802.11 a/g/n
Cisco 5508 Access Controller supports 25 Access points.
Symmetrical Fiber Internet upgraded to100 Mgbs in February 2018
Wireless Internet access on the campus:
Wireless Internet in all school buildings allows use of laptops and iPads wisely!
Wireless Internet access is available at the GYM!
In 2014 we built a new Middle School building and expanded the school network
Computers and iPads for teachers and students:
· 280 Windows 7 Pro desktops in the classrooms, 10 networking printers
· 25 new workstation Windows 10 Pro PC lab in the high school (2018)
· A class with 22 Windows 7 Pro PCs for students in high school
· Computer class with 24 Windows 7 Pro PCs at middle school
· 25 workstation Windows 7 Pro PC lab in the elementary school
· 6 workstation Windows 7 Pro PC lab in the Seton Hall (high school library)
· 4 Mobile carts with 14, 20, 22 and 24 iPads each which includes additional mobile cart with 20 new iPads for ES (August 2018)
Interactive and Response Systems:
· 52 Promethean Interactive Whiteboard systems installed in all classrooms at the ES, MS and High School.
· 50 projectors for Promethean boards (upgraded in 2014 - 2018)
· Two Promethean ActivPanels and Promethean ActivTable
· Promethean Learning Response Systems: There are 11 sets total with 7 sets in the Elementary School (1st – 6th grades and Resource) and 4 sets in the Middle and High School.
· 8 sets of ActivExpression (25 devices each) ActivExpression turns question and answer into query, communicate and check comprehension. Full text-capability enables students to respond in full sen-tences as well as in numbers, symbols, math equations, true/false, Likert scales and more.
· 6 sets of ActiVote (25 devices each) ActiVote empowers students to take an active role in their own learning and enables educators to connect with an entire class, while teaching based on the needs of individuals. Students click to respond and answers are instantly viewed, shared and analyzed on the interactive whiteboard in easy to understand formats such as bar graphs and pie charts. Class participation is fast, fun and easy.
· Scanners: two photo scanners Epson Perfection V300 Photo and document scanner Canon DR-2050C.
· RenWeb is cloud based software for administrators, faculty, parents, and students. Middle/ high school students have access to RenWeb through student accounts.
The access to Parents RenWeb is through the link on the school website: www.cathedralgreenwave. com - ParentsWeb
· enVision Math Common Core is cloud-based math software for ES teachers and students
· Activinspire software for Promethean interactive systems
· Accelerated Reader Enterprise
· ACT Aspire software for testing students online
· Web-based Destiny Follett School Library system
Destiny Library Manager is a complete library management system that can be accessed from anywhere, 24/7, helping to strengthen the crucial bond between the library, the classroom, and home.
· Microsoft Office 2013-2016 ProPlus
· Symantec Endpoint Protection 16.1 (3 year subscription)
· Starfall - MoreStarfall program has been activated on Elementary School PCs.
· BrainPOP - an animated educational site for students. BrainPOP creates animated, curriculum-based content that engages students, supports educators, and bolsters achievement. BrainPOP is used in nu-merous ways, from introducing a new lesson or topic to illustrating complex subject matter to review-ing before a test.
· School Reach web-based software and database. School Reach provides school administrators the ability to deliver personalized phone or text messages to every parent or staff, or select groups, through an affordable and easy-to-use web based system that requires no on-site hardware, software or phone lines.
· Software for scanning: Omni page Pro SE4, Paper port.
·500 school email accounts for teachers and students.
Middle/high school students have access to RenWeb through student accounts
Email format: first name dot last name (i.e. email@example.com)